02-15-2020, 04:06 AM   #65
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
We're with Leaseplan, and I'm still in discussion about opening up the list to other manufacturers. I guess my issue is I'm coming to it from a 520d Luxury with options, so the 3-series feels cramped and cheap. If the non PHEV taxes hadn't been hiked so much, I'd just have swallowed the extra £100 and ordered a Lexus ES300h as that comes with all the stuff I'm used to (electric seats, electric lumbar, premium audio etc) as standard.

Take your point on lease prices - looking at the Leaseplan consumer site, the Mini Countryman in fully loaded spec., is cheaper than a 330e, the Skoda is marginally more expensive as an SE-L, but comfortably under £40k - and the A250e is similarly priced.
I’ve come from five 5 series 2l diesel M Sports over the last 15 years to the G20 330e M Sport and absolutely love the 3er with just a slight niggle with the lack of storage cubby hole in the right of the dash, front seat back pockets and electric front seats.
The 3 isn’t that much smaller than the 5 and now has much better leg room.
The shorter 3 is much easier to manoeuvre and navigate around multi storey car parks and the folding rear seats are a real bonus.performance and economy are light years ahead of the 5 series 2l diesel and the tech on the basic M Sport pretty generous.
My 330e has averaged 62mpg since delivery on all journeys against 42-44mpg with the 5

I won’t talk about ConnectedDrive or the equally useless Portal.
Appreciate 0