View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #4
cigaro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Congratulations on your M340i. She looks lovely!

Regarding ceramic coating. If you can maintain it and afford it, it’s definitely worth it. If you wash your car yourself, carefully, or if you have access to a touch less wash, it’ll work out. But if you plan on using a regular car wash or have someone else wash your car, you’ll end up with swirls, though not as much as without a coating.

Regarding tints. Many people have had issues with the live cockpit dimming because of tints. Do your research before you decide to get tints.

Regarding brake dust. If you ceramic coating the rims, it’ll help reduce the amount of brake dust sticking to the rims. Regular washing using a wheel cleaner will help.

Regarding the tyres. Since your car is a lease, you can take the run flats off and store it for when you plan on returning the car. Since bmw wants you to return the car with run flats if it came with run flats. And not just any RFTs. BMW approved ones.

Regarding leather care. I have beige vernasca leather and have problems with dye transfer. I have to clean my seats every two weeks and there’s a lot of dye I wipe off using lexol. My X3 has sensatec and there isn’t as much dye transfer (or maybe there is. I don’t take much care of that car). But yes. No more light coloured interior for me. The other cars have black seats and my A4 had brown seats and I didn’t have to worry about dye transfer being visible. Lexol works well for me, along with a magic eraser. The steering will also need to be cleaned once in 3-4 months to get rid of all the dirt and oils on it. Since it’s a gradual build up, most people don’t notice it until it becomes shiny. But cleaning with a leather cleaner and conditioning it will help. Also, ceramic coating your seats will help make cleaning easier and protects it from dye transfer. Looks like you have a black interior. In which case you won’t have to worry about visible dye transfer and cleaning with a good leather cleaner and conditioning it will help maintain it.

I’m not sure about launch control. But I’d wait till you’ve put in around 1200 miles before trying LC. I’d take it easy till then.
Thanks for taking the time replying to all points!

I do plan to take the RFT off and keep them in storage until end of lease. So I guess I was just asking what the recommended tires are to get the most out of this car.... from what I read it seems Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are highly recommended but wanted to make sure.
Appreciate 0