Liquid_Ice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
With in-house flashing, we are able to clone your DME so you can have a backup DME with just stock flash if you like, though its not necessary since we can always restore your DME to fully virgin state if you do opt in for in house flash.

The new, post July, versions are still flash-able over OBD2 port but this time around, we are waiting a while before we release the solution to general public. A year ago we were the first to flash B58 over obd2 port, but as soon as we have released the solution to general public, other companies "manically" releases the same solution just under their own name. So for now, we are keeping the unlock part to be only in house. You will still get mFlasher tool to load revision of a tune, go back to stock or even lock the DME, but the unlock function will be disabled.
That is unfortunate - I would be buying this to put on my car right away if I could do everything myself. I'd like to be able to flash the car back to stock and lock the DME before taking it to the dealer for any reason (and I usually take it in at least once a year for service). However, this method makes it impossible to do that.

Once I get my M340i it will also be my daily driver, so I couldn't live without the car while my DME ships back and forth.

I guess I'll have to wait for you to release the OBD2 version or one of your competitors to do it.
Appreciate 1
Jklad421.00