MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2atx View Post
Considering purchase. Couple of questions:

- How do I know if my build allows OBDII programming? How do I check my version?

- If I take have to take my car in and as such have to set back to stock, what happens if they update my software? Will I then not be able to retune via OBDII?

- What are the add-on features? Please explain "burble mode" and "cold start delete" features.

- What effect does the tune have on the different driving modes? Or rather, what effect do the driving modes have on the tune?

- What is the difference between Stage 1 and 2? I can see the power difference, but interested in more detail about:
A) How you're getting there from Stage 1
B) Whether it causes a lot more wear on the engine, is still perfectly safe long term, and if it will pass inspection
c) Do I need any additional modifications?
You no longer have to worry about the version as we have ended up releasing full OBD support.

If you take your car to a dealer and they update the DME, you can use our tool to flash it back to tune once again.

The add-on features are exactly what they sound like. Burble option adds exhaust burble. Cold start delete option deletes cold start noise/rpm increase.

On OEM flash, mode selector effects your throttle and not power delivery. That logic is left in place as well for a tuned vehicle.

Stage 2 offers much tighter timing control, Vanos/Cam Overlap and so on. Any power addition (stage 1 or 2) will put more stress on the motor (specifically the turbo) since you are pumping more air to make additional power, but our flash is always meticulously tested on our own cars Before its available to public

We recommend spark plug gap change to 0.024" on either stage 1 or 2.
Appreciate 0