06-11-2019, 11:27 AM   #14
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
70% as per the body shop giving the insurance company a quote lol.

The owner of the car could have been friends with the guy at the shop and said to total it out because he didn't want a GT2 with an accident and take the depreciation loss. Easily could tack a few extra things on there that are realistically OK but you can just say need to be replaced.

Someone in the body shop business with the ability to repair/paint the vehicle themselves while also getting parts at wholesale could probably make it worth it for themselves. Not saying it would be cheap to repair by any means but I think there's a significant amount of wiggle room in that "totaled" evaluation.
i write estimates for a living, i understand the ins and outs. But with that hit and the engine being in the back, you would have to REALLY want this car, and in the end if yer like most enthusiast owners, you will spend more than the car is worth.

Now with that being said, if you were to rebuild this strictly for racing, and not care about the aesthetics or details, it mite be worth it.