View Single Post
      10-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Test Drive of M340i

Have been eyeing getting an M340i and finally test drove one today. I'm coming from a 2018 330i with the B48 engine.

Some things I first noticed was the improvement with the steering feel compared to my F30. Really nice and heavy. The interior was also very nice and the seats were very comfortable and the inside felt more roomy. The drive was very comfortable and did a much better job at keeping the outside noise out. I had to roll down the window because I want to hear what the engine really sounded like and I was very pleased. Infotainment system definitely confused me but the large screen was nice and I'm sure I can learn it. Plus the car just looks so good with the lines, much better in person than what I've seen from pictures.

I do admit though that I was a bit underwhelmed with the drive. Again the sound was very satisfying but I felt as though I didn't get that wow factor when pushing the gas. I mean it's very fast, but I only knew that because of the speedometer. I was at least expecting that same feeling I get in my f30 of pushing the gas and you somewhat get a light throw back but I didn't even get that. It may be because I was being a little more reserved since it was just a test drive but I did put it in Sports Mode and took it down an empty road pushing the throttle. Hoping to maybe give it another drive before deciding.

Curious to know other people's feelings. What was your initial reaction to the first test drive? How do you current owners feel about your B58 after taking it out and pushing it on curvy roads and roadtrips? Really would like to hear from members who are also coming from an F30.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1944.50