View Single Post
      07-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #1
fdkn
Rep
Drives: '19 G20 330i M-Sport RWD

G20 330i HUD shift lights

Hello everyone,

I've tried searching for this around the forums but I haven't found anyone discussing this particular issue. If I missed it I apologize and would love it if someone can point me in the right direction

Anyway, I took delivery of my G20 330i a couple of weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving every aspect of the car.

One thing however that I'm confused about is with regards to the shift lights in the HUD.

Now, for a bit of backstory: I ordered the car before any test-drive-able version was available in my country, however about 1 month afterwards the dealer got a 330i in (pretty low spec, Sport Line not M-Sport, PDC-only, 18", but it had the more cutting-edge stuff like gesture control, HUD, etc.) and he invited me to do a test-drive.

I went in for that and had a total blast. I found the car to be super fun even if it didn't have Sport+ or many of the options that I personally had ordered on mine. At one point during the test-drive I discovered the Shift Lights option and played around with it (but honestly I can't remember what I set and in what menu) and I discovered that there's actually 2 versions of the shift light in the HUD:
- Standard version, activated when going into Sport/Sport+ which is displayed as an orientated line with 8-9 white rectangles, one yellow rectangle and one red rectangle. It's also moderately sized and has white lines that "hash" the area up until your current revs;
- Some fancier F1-style (using this term very loosely) version, which I can't remember how I activated, that was displayed as a way larger graphical element (taking up most of the HUD, as you'd expect you'd need on the track) with white rectangles coming from both left and right towards the center area where the yellow and red rectangles reside;

Now my issue is that for the life of me I can't find how to activate this second version in my car. I tried going through all the menus, all the settings, Sport, Sport+, Sport+ with the stick in M/S, DSC off, nothing.

For a short time I thought I maybe dreamed that up or something, but I recently went through the user manual and the settings in the car again and realized that the graphical design shown in both for shift lights is actually the second option, not the first (which is the only one I managed to activate)!

Anyone got any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Last edited by fdkn; 07-24-2019 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 1