Liquid_Ice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilowsky View Post
There was someone on the forum that wrote that exhaust with part number 18302464492 is in fact the stock exhaust, just a European version. So this “MPE” is not even a true M-Performance exhaust, just an OEM exhaust for M-Performance car.

His reasoning was that European exhaust have stricter emission standards due to the laws there, therefore need for slightly different exhaust.

That would all explain low price- $1,500 and sound that is the same as stock exhaust. On top of that friendly reminder that first production cars were pre-tuned (BMW didn’t realize that) and later they were down tuned with the new DME update. That would mean that BMW has the tune, so why releasing just exhaust for $1,500 when they can release an entire M Performance Power and Sound kit and bump up the price to ~$3,000, and get much higher profits.
That was me that said I think this M-Performance Exhaust is really just the OEM M340i exhaust (and the other P/N is the Euro spec version). I was just speculating based on images and that these exhausts look nearly identical. It was also before Jason installed the exhaust.

I agree videos can be deceiving because of the placement of the microphone, but I do also agree also that the 3 videos sound very close to / similar to the OEM exhaust.

The only assessment we can go off of is Jason340Msport
and he says it made a big difference compared to OEM - with his comments, I would tend to say it is the phone / videos that maybe aren't showing it off well enough.

It would help if maybe he could do a side by side video with an OEM M340i compared to Jason's. We are about 2 hours apart -- I would be willing to drive an hour or so to meet up and do the side by side video and comment - but since Jason works at a dealership I'm guessing he has access to stock M340i's on the lot that he could do this with.

This is definitely something I'm interested in though - I really miss the sound of my 2017 340i with MPPSK.
Appreciate 0