Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
I couldn't even watch that vid lol

Anyway, I know nothing about Vetts, are they reliable? I keep hearing lots of people and mechanics saying that GM products are not the same anymore and most cars are nowhere near Japanese or even German reliability

I can honestly say that out of the 6+ Corvettes I have had, none have gave me issues whatsoever even with me beating the shit out of them.

Only had one issue. Years ago I had a 1999 Fixed Roof Coupe which was the predecessor to the Z06. I just liked the design better with the flat back glass.

But the problem was my fault. I installed Heads, Cams, and a ported FAST intake and custom dyno tune. Car come out of that at 460/460 plus at the rear wheels. Didn't give much thought to supporting mods and put a sticky tire on it at the track and broke a half-shaft.

That one was on me. However I seen plenty of vettes with 150K miles and more making passes.

In fact the biggest problem I've seen were from people not driving them enough. Once the battery gets low, wonky things start happening.

As far as repairs go.....these cars are extremely easy to work on yourself....even tune if you take time. And you can get parts at a decent price.

Most of my wrenching has been on performance upgrades.

Last edited by Rmtt; 08-12-2019 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee2707.00
Efthreeoh17313.50