View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #93
PaulBhoy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330E Msport

330e M Sport 2019 8% BIK

So heres my experience. 330e Msport Registered October 2019 . No added options running on 18" wheels with a list price of £39075

Cars registered pre April 6th 2020 use NEDC data not WLTP.

I obtained the CoC certificate of conformity for my vehicle by e mailing a request to eccoc@bmw.co.uk . Following an e mail exchange and the requirement to fill in a form and prove ownership i had the CoC in hand within 5 days via e mail.

The Certificate states that the electric range for my vehicle is 66km ( 41 miles )

HMRC clearly state here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/company-...480-appendix-2 that a car with a 41 mile electric range and a 37g/km emissions figure should be 8% BIK.

So provided you supply the correct data to HMRC there should be no ambiguity. In the main the difficulties people are experiencing are a result of varying electric mile range advice online , and no clear published figures per car model.

Thats not surprising. Its impossible to publish a catch all BIK figure as adding additional weight via options and varying specification on your order form can result in a changed BIK.

Elsewhere i have read incorrectly that an SE model with smaller wheels is the only car which falls within the 8% bracket. That is not the case.

That said if you add say the plus pack to the vehicle which gives 19 inch wheels and perhaps adds weight , you MAY find that the certificate of conformity for your vehicle puts the electric only range down to below 66km which would place it in the 12% bracket.

Every car is different and the CoC is issued based on chassis number.

Request yours and look up the table then you will know for sure. BMW issued the CoC free of charge. It is worthwile doing this. If your car falls into 8% territory you save 1/3rd. on my specific vehicle this means £104 per month deduction at the wageslip instead of £156 if it had been 12% BIK.
Appreciate 3
paulf55.00
woody320116.50
Codez4.50