View Single Post
      11-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #26
kontol babi
Rep
Drives: 320i f30 N20 EWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRHosein View Post
Please stop calling my name into your (Navardi Tuned Boys / IPOS) rivalry with LCP. I have nothing to do with that.

Let me address your comments when it comes to my car. There is some debate around when you go with a bigger turbo, if the electric motor actually adds anything. Most well-known tuners I have communicated with believe the electric motor is mainly used at lower rpm ranges, once you go with a bigger turbo and start pushing, they think it adds actual load.

Please stop making up numbers about my car, there are videos online which shows exactly what it made with the BBT and nitrous as well as a stock baseline. A 125hp shot of nitrous dyno was never showed.

I did 499whp with BBT on e40 mix with around 30psi boost (NO NITROUS). This was without PI. The turbo is rated by BBT to flow 50 lbs/min. This is pretty much aligned with what BBT made on his regular b48 non-hybrid with ethanol. Which shows that the Electric Motor does not add anything. When I added a 50hp wet shot of nitrous, the car made 561whp as it was limited on fuel. With additional fuel (PI), this turbo can make around 34psi. At 20psi on very low grade fuel 91 octane, this turbo makes 390whp on a 330e.

Another factor, look at the BBT size. Its equivalent to a g25-550 similar to IM450 but slightly bigger. The AR housing and manifold is larger, hence should have less restrictions. IM450 I believe did 470-480whp on a B48TU engine (a more efficient engine). BBT is laggier as it’s a single scroll design.
BBT is much more complex and requires modifications to install as you can see from my videos online.

Here is another piece of data for you which shows the electric motor adds nothing: LCP did 505whp with their China version of IM500 without PI and around same ethanol content I did with BBT on 330e hybrid at 499whp. Both aligned to maxing out the DI system at around same power level.

Turbo kit prices:
BBT 600 kit - $3650 (I actually paid $3,054.10 a couple years ago for my kit which was on a sale which came with the BOV)
IM500 - $3150+ depending on options
IM450 - $2650+ depending on options.
China IM500 - $1600 you can get the same sized IM500 turbo which is manufactured in China g25-660 sized. The LCP guys from China just made 505whp on this turbo.

The smaller IM450 (G25-550) is slightly lower priced.
These hybrid turbos have been out for quite some time.
The smaller hybrid turbos spool faster.

With stock turbo, stock engine low grade pump gas and meth, I did 100-200 time of 10.98s and 1/4mile time of 12.83s (full weight with methanol kit).

With BBT e40, I did a 100-200 time of 8.04s and a 1/4mile time of 11.91s with full weight+ (nitrous kit, meth kit, did some custom work in trunk for fitment which adds some weight).

I have seen another 330e with IM450 doing 100-200 time of 9.65s and a 1/4mile time of 12.71s. I have no other data on what boost but heard it makes around 350+whp.

Currently my car is on a top mount turbo kit that I developed and it makes 550whp hitting some new limitations even with PI - this is with only boost & fuel adjustments, no timing, no valve timing, not a completed tune. Could have made more but already planned to upgrade the other component.

Based on the rating of the turbo and how much it makes on 6 cylinders, this contributes to the electric motor not adding any power on top and possibly creating additional load.

Everyone is unique, trying new things, sharing information, helping out each other is what makes a great community.
this squin dude is very easy to point a finger and calling out names for free , lack of respect to other names as well, even mention other respectful tuners and called him as a "shit tuner" glad that you said "Please stop calling my name into your (Navardi Tuned Boys / IPOS) rivalry with LCP. I have nothing to do with that"
in the begining otherwise he will kept taking other name to this issue

cool build btw , huge respect to you
Appreciate 2
NICKY_930.00
SRHosein197.00