View Single Post
      11-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #59
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
I actually don't hate Tesla. I don't have strong feelings about them either way. If someone buys one and enjoys it, that's great for them. Who am I to piss on their parade.

What I don't quite understand is why they feel the need to post on a bmw forum, about the reasons they believe their car is superior. I'm not referring to the author of this thread either. That person was clearly just trolling. There have been, however, several long standing, literate members who start threads just to rave about Tesla, and then tend to get defensive when someone challenges their assertions. What do you expect? This is, after all, a bmw forum. Many of us here drive and enjoy our bmws, and we log on here to read about bmws. Just because you've moved on to something else doesn't mean that we're all ready to. When I want to inform myself about Tesla models, I'll go to the appropriate source, which isn't a bmw site.

Now, of course I expect to read reviews and opinions about other brands of cars here. Most of us aren't limited to driving only bmw models, nor are we necessarily married to the brand. Some comparisons of how bmw stacks up to the competition keeps things interesting. I don't, however, want to log on here and read a litany of threads extolling the many virtues of Tesla, and then slog through all of the back and forth nonsense that invariably follows.
They post on every forum, and comment on every car blog about ICEs being dead, blah blah blah, nothing compares to tesla.

Easily the most annoying group of car owners ever, and I generally suspect most of them have never been into cars and are a horde of former steve job acolytes who needed a new person to worship.

I even care about the environment. I'm the type of person who is like yeah a 330i/e vs a m3 well i'd rather not waste gas / foul up the air more than I need to and I actually care. But I'm 100% hoping Tesla fails just to see them all stfu. Now that most of the other manufacturers have cars in production / going to be in production, well it won't be a big loss.
Appreciate 4
stein_325i25083.00
sahajesh2294.00
530iDriver1707.50