View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 04:20 PM   #12
a.summers86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff G20 View Post
I fitted one of these as well - posted about it here: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28363204

Had problems with the first one turning itself off and got a replacement which seemed to work fine. One of the issues is that the indicator lights (which I would like to see to check that it is working after the initial issues) and the control buttons are on the left, really designed for left hand drive.

When they said they would send me the replacement, I asked if there was a model with buttons on the right side and they said 'not yet' so not sure if that is likely to ever exist.

I removed it before that last service - because I know BMW don't like to have them in during service visits, and because I suppose you are technically tampering with the wiring, and haven't got round to putting it back. Although after the initial issues I did kind of lose confidence in it. I was carrying small mirror to keep checking that the lights were on! Image quality was good though.

Early days but it’s been flawless so far. My wife’s Audi has the buttons on the bottom which works quite well. I thought the same though when I saw the buttons on the passenger side.

As mine has been ok so far I’ve not been looking out for the LED lights if I’m honest.

Did you return your old one or did they just give you a new one? I can’t imagine Ali expresss is easy to return items with.
Appreciate 0