View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #33
Robv1
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Everyone sees colors in different ways. I had an Estoril Blue M235i that I thought was striking, in a similar way to Portimao Blue. But I now have a Dravit Gray M340 xdrive and I find the color way more interesting because it changes in every kind of light. I think Tanzanite is the same. These colors attract attention in a way that Estoril Blue never did.
I guess it depends where you live and how popular the colour is there.

In Europe, Estoril was always a pretty popular colour, and so while nice, it was never bound to get much attention.

Where I live in the Middle East in the 2 years since I've owned my 330e I've seen one other 3 series (period, not just the plug-in) in Estoril blue, and I still get compliments on a weekly basis because it simply stands out next to all the other White/Grey/Silver ones.

I like the Portimoa Blue (though only seen it in the showroom) but personally I think it's nowhere near as special as Estoril Blue, and I'm disappointed they dropped it.

If I replace mine soon I'll be considering other colours while if the EB was on offer I would have no hesitation.
Appreciate 0