Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Conveniently.. nothing at BMW ever is a true tradition any more.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1553566

it appears that " M performance" models are considered to be part of the M lineup in some ways..
What I am saying exactly. If the manufacturer considers them to be part of the M lineup, they are. If you have any problems go and argue with BMW. BMW include m850i in their adverts for M town

I recognise there are different levels of 'M' cars which enthusiasts here are not ready to accept
I'm not sure if we're even reading the same chart because, as I've mentioned earlier, even BMW themselves don't consider M Performance Automobiles to be M Models.
In the link shared by M3 Adjuster , they are clearly separated by a gap in the chart and even color-coded.

So once again, while for purposes of statistical sales numbers and portfolio, M Performance Automobiles are definitely M products, BMW themselves have decided to make a distinction between M Models and M Performance Automobiles from a categorization standpoint.

Perhaps it's advisable to take a page out of your own book, and stop blaming enthusiasts for manufacturing a hierarchy, when BMW themselves are the ones inclined to keep it differentiated.

Still, the important thing to remember, is that M Performance Automobiles are great cars in their own right. Different and differentiated isn't a negative thing in this case.
The differences between M Performance Automobiles and M Models are what makes both categories great choices for their respective customers.

Name:  BMW-M-CSL.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  105.7 KB

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 5
6ixSpd5996.50
Tornado1M1201.50
JRV118.50