Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
There a few visual points of interest on the rear of the G80:
  1. At first glance, the rear spoiler seems to stick out more than what is typical, even if it is an M Performance spoiler. But as another member above pointed out, it is just the side mirror that blended into the silhouette, creating this illusion.
  2. The diffuser appears to be gloss black so this begs the question of whether or not the diffuser is an M Performance piece or a visual clue of the Competition model at launch. Remember, on the F90 M5, the Competition model has a black diffuser so it's likely the G8x follows this pattern.
  3. The exhaust tips look like they do have a 'sleeve' (i.e., carbon fiber) which may suggest an M Performance Exhaust system.
  4. Lastly, is the roof. The two points that stick out to the left & right of the shark fin antenna caught my attention. I'm not sure if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but either those are some very sharp creases on the 'double-bubble' style CF roof or those are vortex generators at the edges of the roof where it meets the rear window.

Update - after reviewing some of the high-resolution photos from the Press Release -
1) The spoiler is indeed the 'standard' size we expect. In the teaser photo, it is the side mirror that protrudes.
2) The rear diffuser is indeed gloss black & still speculated as above to be painted gloss black on the Competition
3) The exhaust tips have black surrounds/sleeves that engulf the tips. Does not appear to be an MPE at this stage.

4) The two points that protrude on the roof from either side of the shark fin antenna actually run across the roof and are 'sculpted' and very defined. This design appears on both the G80 & G82. Whether this was a result of aerodynamics testing is TBD.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 10
WWM3964.00
bobloblaw745.00
F85MTuNED1620.50
khailuan110.50
MPoweRo428.00
deoxys37.50
Simple1133.50