View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #51
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The Polestar 2 is currently in "launch model" mode with a high cost content level. The normally configured models supposedly starting in the $40s will follow.
Then my only qualm would be range and its curb appeal to me.

Appearance is subjective for sure and I can even agree to going with a car whose appearance isn't as pleasing to me than anothers if it significantly trumps the other cars range and offers the same or more features.

If the Polestar 2's later release offers 350+ miles in range and similar features @ the same price point to the Tesla or i4 (projected to sell for $50K), I would certainly consider it

Kona EV for me is as good an option as the Polestar 2 is. 258 miles range for $37K. Even the top of the line Kona is $45K and is really loaded. I am not crazy about the Kona's appearance as it looks like every other small SUV on the road, but again, "bang for the buck".....Hyundai

I, however need and want 300+ miles of range. So the Polestar or Kona doesn't work for me, but if I only need 250 miles or range, the Kona would likely be my choice. The Kona "Ultimate" has about every option anyone could want in their car. Reviews of the Kona EV have been very good.

Tesla would appear to be the leader in EV cars and tech. Others (like Porsche) tried but seem to come up short when compared (while demanding approx a $40K+ up-charge for their badge). Tesla continues to increase the gap when compared to its competitors.

I really hope BMW (with their i4) offers something that compares favorably (price, performance and range) to the Tesla Model 3 long range. To date no one has,...............

Worth a watch:

Appreciate 0