View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #17
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiano View Post
I’d like to see the new G80/82/83 with BMW’s 4.4L V8 rather then a possible water injected engine from the GTS with between 450-475HP. Who wants to add distilled water every couple of fill ups?
I am particularly skeptical about the water injection claim. I don't think such a measure will be necessary to hit the power goals. In fact, I suspect that with likely improvements upon the S55 in the block/head cooling passages, combustion chamber design, induction, etc., the S58 will be able to go to 500hp and beyond without water injection.

At any rate, BMW is not putting a V8 in the M3 ever again, and neither is anyone else in this class.

Quote:
When Mercedes-AMG C63S gets redone, which is already a little past 500HP, I’m sure it’s going to get a significant bump in HP.
It may indeed get a power bump. However, it almost surely will do so not with the M177 V8, but with a new more powerful iteration of Mercedes' M256 inline six. Tobias Moers has strongly hinted that the top-tier W206 Mercedes-AMG C Class will see a reduction in cylinders from today's W205 C63, and that engine will be the only corporate six cylinder going forward.

There is also a good chance that some form of AWD is offered for the next C class AMG as well, not just because of the fact that the M3 is strongly rumored to get AWD, but because the Tesla Model 3 Performance also cannot be ignored either. So, Mercedes will probably have the same weight management challenges as BMW will. And we already know who has won that battle in the past.
Appreciate 3
Drj161594.50
Simple1133.50
TripleU170.00