02-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #22
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaid View Post
I'm sold time to get on amazon lmao. One more thing, I can always code it back when bringing in for service right?
You don't need to code it back. Let it be as is

So. Take the car out in the rain and risk getting it dirty or keep it parked till Thursday when the snow hopefully clears up? I can always clean the car and the call of the sport plus mode was inescapable.

TL;DR - Sport plus is not a placebo effect. It definitely works.

I've coded my car to start in sport individual mode. I drove around for a little while in it and remembered how the car shifted and throttle reacted. Went to sport plus and car definitely shifts faster/aggressively. Downshifts are the most noticeable. It shifts slightly harsh, which I like. Throttle felt slightly more responsive. Placebo effect? I don't think so. I did test by keeping my eyes on the road and pressing the sport button a few times till I forgot which mode (sport/sport plus/sport individual) it was on. And then I paid attention to the gearshifts and throttle. I could tell when I was in sport plus vs when I was in the other modes. And the exhaust does seem to pop and crackle more in sport plus.
So grateful to g20beam for posting this on here.

To anyone with bimmercode. If you haven't coded sport plus, absolutely do.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
g20beam467.50