06-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by f31mtl View Post
Seriously. WTF is going on with MINI, they have been in decline for a while now.
Because they lost their way! The designs lack purity and simplicity, which was the original appeal.

And now their huge ! And use bmw's front wheel platform vs a platform designed specific to mini. Cars are all Maxi now and their look has been in the decline for years! The new countryman is an absolute barf bag compared
To the first one. I know that's subjective but I've been a fan and had bought the first gen R53 S and the R56 was the last of the good ones after that their design leadership fell off the table and started to get all weird. The fine bright accents turned from a fine tip pen to look like they where drawn with a fat marker!

The first was designed by Frank Stephenson who has worked at Ferrari and McLaren and has made some beautiful contributions to the automotive world, and unfortunately now their all designed by kids who can't put the pencils down and wouldn't know timeless design if it bit them in the arse!

A small premium car turned into a joke as far as I'm concerned!
So yea I can understand the decline.
Sorry for the rant!
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50