Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Absolutely correct.

I have a Boosted 2.4L that would leave that NA V8 in its dust.
I guess, but power delivery is also a factor.

Dont get me wrong I love the new cars, and the turbo's are nice, my 750 is just a train it pulls forever.

That being said when I drive aggressively I still cant get into the turbo's and the lag, even if BMW has done a great job in reducing it, its still there.

I have not driven the new M340 but I am sure its a fantastic car, and 9 out of 10 times its the perfect car, right power, right confort etc, but man there is nothing like the directness of the NA V8 and I6's.

I think that is why I am looking forward to electric so much, back to more direct power.

I was at the M track days a few weeks back and I drove the M2 in the autocross the MX3 in the drag race and the F80 M3 on the track.

The lag drove me crazy, especially the MX3, the M2 had several moments of stutter as well. I actually dont think those cars are set up very well for short courses, I didnt feel it as bad in the F80 due to the maintained speeds.

Still think they are amazing cars, but I havent sold my M3 because I still get smiles from that exhaust note and reving it out. It justs just so connected.

The only you bought looks amazing, good luck with it, but find a way to keep the M