View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 09:26 PM   #1
Kubib
Registered
Rep
Drives: on order

G26 - chances of production before LCi

Hello guys,

currently I'm deciding between a G20 330dx and a G26 m440ix. I managed to secure the order for the G20 330dx (which has the 150 status - production is due next week) and today got in touch with a dealership which has a G26 m440ix on order.

I have the ability to change the config on the G26.
Planning to:
- remove the additional wheels (all of the BMW options for the G26 are awful),
- switch the seats to Vernasca Cognac (car is ordered with the Vernasca Black M-Seats),
- change the trim from the Carbon to the standard M package or the wood one,
- get rid of the Sensatec on dashboard
- add Adaptive Suspension

I'm planning to remove the BSI/BRI packages from the car - but it's the smallest problem.

The G20 330d has a great config - but I failed to struck a good deal on it - it comes about 4k dollars cheaper than the G26 in my proposed config. I've also got an option for a 150-status G20 m340i (with a 20% discount) - but it doesn't work for me, the car has Alcantara/Sensatec seats (they just don't feel right in such a car).

With the 4k$ price difference I don't know where to go. I'm scared that the G26 might fall out from the queue and I won't get anything.

I'm starting to look for info about the B57 vs B58 enginge reliability and cost of service - since it might be the deal breaker.

Is the G26 m440i worth the gamble?
Appreciate 0