View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 04:47 AM   #56
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
I owned a 2011 ISF with the LSD, suspension updates, steering algorithm update... So if you had a pre-2011 ISF, it may not be the same comparison.

Steering feedback and overall handling performance goes to the ISF but just barely. M340i is a more comfortable daily driver as a trade-off. My M340i has the Pirelli run flats... but I'm confident than an upgrade to the Pilot Sport 4S would do a lot for the handling and feedback.

Acceleration to ~100mph goes to the M340i.. think the ISF could be faster in certain gears. Bottom line is the IS-F struggled to do the quarter mile under 13 seconds because it is so hard to tame off the line. With a perfect launch, you might be able to manage a 12.8. The M340i, on the other hand, could predictably do lower 12 seconds over and over with launch control.

For whatever reason, sometimes the M340i just hits a flat spot in some of the gears at certain speeds. The car is still new to me and I haven't pushed it that hard and I'm still learning the limits, but I immediately noticed it was faster than IS-F in gears 1-2-3 because of that early surge of torque.
Thanks for that, I have a 2008 IS-F (old suspension, electronic diff), so I am glad the M340i in most aspects is an upgrade driving-wise.

I really wanted something a bit more comfortable without compromising too much on performance. The 2008 IS-F suspension is extremely firm, my back can't handle it anymore!
Appreciate 0