View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #57
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgoXXI View Post
Thanks for that, I have a 2008 IS-F (old suspension, electronic diff), so I am glad the M340i in most aspects is an upgrade driving-wise.

I really wanted something a bit more comfortable without compromising too much on performance. The 2008 IS-F suspension is extremely firm, my back can't handle it anymore!
My brother drove the 2008 IS-F (which is what convinced me to go with the 2011 IS-F). I agree with the extremely firm suspension in the '08 model. There were times when I was riding shotgun and he would hit a bump/dip at highway speeds and I thought we were going to take flight!

Regarding the standard M-sport suspension, there seems to be a 15 to 20mph punishment zone at speeds between ~40mph and ~60mph. The M-sport suspension can become upset very easily on big bumps and uneven pavement at these speeds. But I still think a lot of this has to do with my run-flat tires. I REALLY need to get the P4S tires. At speeds below 40 to 45 or above 55 to 60, it's smooth and compliant.... so it's a great highway cruiser and around town cruiser.
Appreciate 0