View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #11
simonbt
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus (G21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcmahon View Post
2019/2020 G20 hybrid
I want to hardwire my Nextbase dashcam to front Right Hand Drive fuse box in footwell area so that it only comes on when car is powered up using accessory fuse with fuse tap on Next Base hardwire kit & earth/ground wire to body of car but which fuse please ?
Can anybody confirm??
Link for hardwire kit below
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l7gI0341WyH0n6
Fuse 29 is always on
Fuse 59 is ignition switched

#59 does take a few minutes to actually turn off but I did test it and can confirm that it definitely turns off.

I used the Blackvue power magic pro, and it has two voltage settings. 12v and 12.5v, these are the limit at which the device will cut power to the camera. At 12v the car complained like hell that the battery was being run out, even to the point where it wouldn't turn on any of the interior lights, the indicators didn't flash and lights didn't turn on when locking/unlocking etc etc (thankfully it still started without trouble!). The camera would stay turned on for well over a day (I have the Blackvue 900s-2CH).

Setting the voltage cutoff to 12.5v didn't really help as the camera would only stay on for an hour max, sometimes only a few minutes. There is a timer option, but never messed with that; I just left it set to infinite.

I took the plunge and bought a Blackvue B-124x battery pack for it, gonna fit it tomorrow.

Quote:
I have a US spec car. Silly question - how do I access the fuse box in the driver's footwell?

I pulled down the top panel in the footwell area when I had to access the firewall hole to route my JB4 OBD connector, but did not see the fuse box.
Its in the right front foot well - your passenger side. The side that the steering wheel is on doesn't matter to the fuse box location. Mine's a UK spec so it is RHD and the fuse panel is under the driver side. there's a panel that pulls off after two plastic screws are turned (they are quite large, and require a flat head blade. The fuse box is against the outside of the vehicle. Don't pull the panel too hard as there is a light in it, and a speaker.
Appreciate 1