07-27-2020, 11:20 AM   #18
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I mean the newest 5-series isn't that fun to drive either... (sorry 5er owners)
Disagree my friend. I know you have sour grapes with your former 540i and respect but disagree with your point of view. I don't track cars and there are no canyons where I live, so the driving and handling dynamics of this car are more than satisfying for what I expect and want on this class of car.

My E90 as lovely as it was wit its handling and more analogue steering/driving experience was on the harsh side with a suspension that transmitted way too much into the interior compartment and an artificially heavy power steering that made low speed maneuvers and parking needlessly high effort.

I get my opinion is unpopular on a enthusiast forum whose generally demeanor as of late is to hate on anything BMW does these days but I believe they still get many things right for those of us that drive and use our cars like the rest of people do: in the street.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 3