Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I spent my time over Easter in isolation from the world, just like everyone else. Although I have a Drive Recorder installed in the car I felt the need to have dashcams to record any unfortunate events while parked. In addition, the dashcams also give you cool video while driving and also records events on the road that would otherwise not be recorded by the Drive Recorder - like the time a Merc driver decided to brake test me in a 40 kph zone (complete with middle finger) - WTF?

So I put the time to good use and installed the following in my car:

1. BlackVue DR900S dual channel dashcams.
2. Cellink Neo6 battery to run the dashcams while parked.

As I have not installed a Power Magic Pro, I have not conducted the research on how it should be installed. I'm sure someone else will be able to help with this.

In the meantime, here is a video on the installation and a PDF file of photos and a few tips to assist you, should you wish to install something similar in your own cars.

Just wanted to say thanks for this very helpful write up which I followed for my cameras installation. I did however make one very minor change. I was feeling very ambitious therefore I removed the rear view mirror cover and drilled two small holes to accommodate the front cables to allow routing inside the trim.

Thanks Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by Xsapper; 07-30-2020 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00