10-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #23
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
Firstly, I’ve used Zed for coding...really good guy. Very straight up and honest. To answer you’re question on mine, some of the coding was lost and some remained.

I lost the DRL menu options (on/off and front/back). I also lost Comfort PLUS (the PLUS is coded in the UK it’s not there by default) and I lost tire pressure temp display.....all of these (except comfort plus) I easily put back withBimmercode.

What was not lost...the Assisted driving view in the instrument cluster....the one that shows you the vehicle (truck, car, bike) in front of you...Also the assisted overtaking remained (the one where you flick the indicator and the car overtakes the vehicle in front). The assisted driving view in the instrument display was originally not present on my vehicles so Zed coded it.

I’ve got an 840D Launch edition. Hope this helps
J
Thats interesting. The only reasons the ADV coding would not be removed are:
1) DKOMBI was not programmed and coded as part of the software upgrade. very unlikely
2) the upgraded code activated ADV by default. It doesn't do this on the G05. I'll check the G15...

Assuming you mean auto lane change, it's possible that was VO Coded by your coder and would be expected to persist.

Edit: OK G15 and ADV. It's active if:
- the car has 5AU (DAP) and was built post 07/19 OR
- has 5AR (Traffi jam assistant) and was built post 11/18 and is Japan region car

Last edited by ifr; 10-06-2020 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0