02-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #23
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Well, we're still thankful for the contract the Yanks gave Ellsbury... and Texeira... and A-Rod...

I think Price and his contract will be fine. Bullpen is much improved. I'm more concerned they won't get much more from 5-6 guys who were hurt or just sucked last year (Panda, Ramirez, Buckholz, Porcello, Pedroia, Kelly). Can't win with 25% of the roster and all starting pitchers way underperforming.
This. Panda and HanRam are big question marks. The last thing the Sox need are holes on the IF corners.

Aside from Price, the Sox still don't have a dependable rotation. There's always the hope that Kelly comes around and Buchholz stays healthy and Eduardo Rodriguez has a good year and so on. I wouldn't bet the farm on any of it, though.

The bullpen looks much better and *if* Bradley Jr can bring a bat to the lineup like he did in August, then the OF should be a strength.

I run a "glass-half-empty" Red Sox board with some very well informed but pessimistic folks who see this as yet another building year where we'll be playing musical chairs at 1st and 3rd. I'm still thinking along those lines myself.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0