View Single Post
      08-30-2019, 05:53 PM   #1073
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
This is exactly what I am saying, no offense but who are you to know how much it would cost to produce? You have no idea how much it costs to the V35a in the car over the 2ur. And the car doesn't have the economies of scale that the RC300/RC350 shares parts with.

The RC is already a shortened chassis of the IS/ISC/GS and it didn't weigh any less than any of them. Even then, that doesn't make it this car handle how it does now and instead it will feel just like a luxury car. And you still wouldn't have a decent gearbox or an inline 6.

BTW I wasn't referring to you at all, its common copy and paste logic all over the internet.
You're right, I don't know what the cost is, but I run a company, and my dad was a bean counter for GM, so I also might have an idea of what not to do.

This car has become very polarizing. By essentially re-skinning a BMW in order to save money, rather than creating a true Supra successor, Toyota may have turned off enough potential Supra buyers that the car won't be successful, anyways. I guess we'll see.

I'm 42 years old, I loved the RX-7/Supra/NSX as a teen, my last several cars have been 2 seat or 2+2 sports cars, and the Supra is within my price range, yet I'm still not interested at all.

Toyota apparently polled potential buyers and found out that the inline-6 was important in designing a new Supra, which it certainly is, but how many of us thought that would mean it would be a 2-seat BMW without a manual option?? I know that Toyota has been mentioning a possible manual transmission lately, so maybe that will help, at least.

Last edited by duder13; 08-30-2019 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0