Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Those are all good but we were talking about the track weren't we?
So was I. A Model 3 Performance with just suspension mods won Global Time Attack at Buttonwillow. Up against modified WRX STis putting up 500+ hp.

The Model 3 will run circles around most cars on track. That instantaneous torque delivered to 4 wheels on a 4,000ish lbs frame with super low center of gravity makes it an excellent handling car out of the box.
The examples you gave in the post I was replying to spoke of daily conveniences, not track. Many tacks don't have chargers and the Tesla 3 gets heat loss in only a few laps as I have already stated. My
Buddy couldn't attend a track day I organized because the nearest charger was too far for his Tesla S. We all know that practice makes perfect and we want to take advantage of our track days to get in as many runs as possible. This is more difficult in an electric car. I see more Tesla 3's at autocrosses for this reason.

Believe me when I say I am an advocate for EV's as I've been daily driving one for 3 years. I hope one day the EV becomes just as practical on a circuit as an ICE, however today is not that day yet.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0