View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

1. I honestly can't remember if it comes back to centre or not in my car. But it hasn't been an issue for me personally (as obvious from the fact that I can't remember how it works in my car).

2/3. By crown of the road, I'm assuming it's something like camber? (I've honestly never heard that terminology before because it isn't my field of expertise) If you mean the way roads are angled, in my G20, I don't actually notice it much. It was a little more obvious in my A4 (where I had to tilt the steering a wee bit to keep it going straight). I have an F25 and the G20 steering isn't that far off regarding how it has to be kept to account for the camber. The steering actually is pretty straight on my G20.
And the car tracks pretty straight. Very impressive actually considering my Audis don't track that well

4. VSS as in variable sport steering? Can't comment on that since my car doesn't have the M sport pack.

5. The "shakes" you feel only on the steering and not on the seats and not felt by others is probably the lane keep assist at work. I feel it a lot too. It can be adjusted or even turned off on the idrive. Go to CAR -> Settings -> Driver assistance -> safety and warnings -> Lane departure warning. Set it to reduced or off. Also uncheck steering intervention if it's on. That is what corrects the steering to keep the car in your lane.
Or alternatively, hit the button next to the hazard warning signal button below the centre ac vents, choose configure individual and set your lane departure warning there.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0