View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #3141
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Confession: when I sit behind someone at a red light or turn arrow, right before our lane is about to get the green light/arrow, I put my hand on the horn button. I assume that the driver in front of me will be unhappy with the initial shade of green of the light, and will wait several seconds in the hope that a more pleasing shade will take its place; perhaps one that better coordinates with their tie or their nail polish.

That assumption is correct more often than it's wrong, unfortunately. If your vehicle isn't in motion in about 1.5 seconds after one or another shade of green appears on that light, you're going to get the horn. I've been at green turn arrows where every fucking drooling dolt in front of me took a 4-5 second nap, and despite 10 or 15 of us having been queued up, only 3 or 4 made it through before the arrow went back to red. It's pure stupidity and extremely rude. I'm sorry their lives are so empty and meaningless that the passive-aggressive act of making a bunch of other people sit through a green light seems like a really fun thing to do, but it irritates the fuck out of me.

Oh, and if we're a half-mile down the road one of these zombies wants to get into my lane, they are 100% fucked. Not going to happen.
yesss let it flow
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00