Thread: Rear lights
View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 04:11 PM   #55
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

NA Tail lights with ECE brake and turn signal behaviour.

Like some of you, I dislike the function of the turn-signals in our NA tail lights and I really missed the brakeforce and rear fog lights I had coded into my 435iX.

So like some of you, I tried to FDL code the BDC_BODY to behave like the ECE tail lights but I could not discover how the tail lamp LEDs are physically and logically referenced/mapped. Without the mapping, it would be next to impossible to figure-out.

I then came across a posting by greekcs on side-marker delete (by changing the typecode to ECE and VO coding the FLM2s). I did not care to delete my side markers but I was curious to see if it would work. To my surprise, it worked.... on the F32 platform, this method would cause the turn-signals to hyperflash.

So that gave me the idea of doing the same thing with BDC_BODY.

1) I compared the US and ECE versions of all BDC CAFD files and note the differences between the US and ECE parameters that I did not want to change. See below...

7083 NFC_KEY_VALD_LONG 5min
7083 NFC_KEY_VALID_WINDOW_OPEN 20sec
7083 PF_SZT_LIN_VAR nicht_aktiv
7083 RCI_HF_FREQUENCY wert_04
7083 RCM_DEFAULT_IDG_4TH_BUTTON_LONG Wert_03
7083 RCM_PANIC_ALARM aktiv
7083 RCM_PANIC_ALARM_3TIMES aktiv
7083 UGDO_COUNTRY USA
7083 VAM_CCM_COOLANT_TEMP aktiv
7083 WW_FRONTWASCHEN_VIA_SRA_OUTPUT aktiv

2) I edited my FA Typecode to ECE, VO Coded BDC_BODY and FDL Coded the parameters I noted in 1) back to the US values.

3) I then added back my BDC Cheat Codes and custom FDL Coding.

Guess what... it worked.... Brake lamps are no long functioning as turn-signals and the rest of the tail lamps (parking, turn, back-up) appear to function properly in both outer and inner assemblies.

I still need to test brakeforce (I want all three brake lamps to flash). FYI, my tail lights did not come with LED ICs soldered onto the Fog lamp PCB.

Please note in my experience, the brightness/lumenous output for turn-signals and parking lamps are lower for ECE than NA so these lamps in the rear will not be as bright as the fronts unless you follow greekcs' method for side-marker delete.

Edit: Tested brakeforce when it got dark outside. Brakeforce appears to be working properly i.e. all 3 brake lamps are blinking.

Larry

Last edited by larrylam646; 06-04-2020 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: Brakeforce test
Appreciate 8
greekcs773.00
Watzek7.50
RSnic657.50
A6bullet337.00
Poochie9104.50