Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Yes, they are. Scott has been given the benefit of the doubt many times. The problem is his ego regularly got the better of him, and rather than just be honest and say "actually, I don't have an answer for this one", he would guess more and more, until it got to the point where he was just constantly wide of the mark. His biggest defenders on there began to realise he doesn't know half as much as he pretends he knows, and in fact was just guessing. Look at his answer as to when the G22 is being released a few posts before this one. He says "summer". Great. 1 in 4 chance of being right. And anybody with five mins to spend on Google knows it will be released in the summer. Scott never actually tells you anything. He's like a fortune teller, making it sound like he's being mysterious, when in fact he's just being vague because he hasn't a clue!
I'm pretty sure Scott knows exactly what he's talking about. But he's not his own man and as such is constrained in what he can or cannot say. And if he says one thing one day and another thing another day, it's not because he's not informed but because the things he gives us sometimes change, and it can happen any time up to the official publication of the relevant press release.
Well, if our resident insider is sworn to secrecy or don't have all the probable answers, I totally understand and respect that but maybe he should just keep it all to himself until he has something definitive to share.

I'm not gang-bashing but I agree with the other posters said; the indefinite, unconfirmed drip-drip of information just leads to confusion and lost of credibility, when it doesn't pan out..

Also, incase no one else mentioned yet, that front-end is hideous and no matter how you slice it and it probably won't lead to a decrease in overall sales because it's the new BMW on the block but it certainly will not help, no matter how much lipstick BMW puts on that piggy, IMHO.
Appreciate 1
J-RO2098.50