View Single Post
      03-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #116
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
lots of divorce talk here lol. luckily me and the gf of a few years agree that we don't care for marriage or weddings as they are a waste of money. same with having kids. we love taking our vacations and living stress free.

anyway biggest financial loss was having a ferrari 458. owned for 4 years and 8000 miles. $40k depreciation. probably should have bought land with that $100k down at age 30 but.. you only live once. I got it out of my system. YOLO
I think people who try to rationalize how kids will make their lives better and thinking of factors such as money/free time fail to see the bigger picture. The answer looking at it that way will never be yes on paper.

Have my boys cost me a 458? Definitely. Would I ever trade? Never. Could I have imagined what it was like beforehand? No. It takes a leap of faith.

I'll take sharing my passion for cars and watching them Kart race while driving my M3 vs driving alone in my more expensive exotic any day.

Also your 40k hit is not a financial loss. Thats less than 1k a month you would have otherwise spent leasing or depreciating something else. Now if you only put a handful of miles on it then yes more of a hit.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 2
S1nner126.00