Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo1210 View Post
Dealer has been good - not their issue and I think they are as frustrated as owners. Realised it was a risk to buy early but didn't think it would be this bad. I'm sure software update will fix but the problems are worldwide so this is very un-German to release a product is such an ordinary state.
Usually first models have these issues but you're right; I'd have thought that they'd have it sorted by the time they released the G20 considering the G05 has the same idrive platform and it works flawlessly.

I flew back in to Perth today and saw a G20 on rental already at Europcar. Considering mines still in the workshop I hired it and took it home mainly to see if the on board network worked, can safely say nope, dead as door nail like mine.
Idrive 7 on the X5 has the same problems when reading on their forum - granted they are mostly US cars. I'm not sure if Australian G05 X5 models have the same issues we are facing.

Updates on my experience... the car seems to have network connection when it is driven (news and weather work) and also updates app with fuel level and range at the end of the drive. However, I cannot get the car to unlock/lock/flash light with the connected drive app. No big issue for me at this stage but I would like all the features to work as advertised.
Appreciate 0