View Single Post
      07-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #49
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Too bad the salesmen at my local dealership don't realize this. I was in there yesterday. They had a 2-series and a G20 in the showroom. I was all over both cars showing as much interest as possible. I was in the mood to test drive the new G20 for some reason. Not a pique of interest in me. I was dressed in business attire. Started to walk out, past the gaggle of salesmen hanging around like a bunch of taxi drivers. One finally releases I might be interested in a car. He asked if he could help me. I said "Well, finally", so just to fuck with him I asked if he had any 2 or 3-series in stock with a manual transmission...

Thinking about it now, maybe they do realize BMW appeal and expect customers to come to them begging for acceptance... Hopefully you guys at BMW of Fairfax are better at selling cars.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50