Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
Ok, I'm not reading anything you're writing anymore. S5 is a VAG garbage and to say F30 is "that" car compared to S5 you lost credibility or only drove a stripper champagne beige 320 pre-LCI

Second sentence is contradicting your first one.
Which is it? It's okay for BMW to kill 6MT because they were last. Or it's okay not to bring wagons because only MB and Volvo sell wagons?
Massaging to make your point.

You're entitled to your opinion. The B9 S5 was head and shoulders ahead of the F3x gen.

The point I was making was that manuals and wagons are a dying(dead?) breed. People have gravitated towards SUV's. 44% of total BMW sales last year was SUV's in the USA. Let that sink it.
Audi is rumored to be bringing the RS6 back to the US and discussing adding the regular A6 Avant and RS4 too. Volvo's got two wagons, with butch versions of each.

As for advanced lighting, in terms of corner lighting and adaptability, Audi (and even my GTI with LED's) has BMW beat, add in the EU features through coding and they're superb.

As for manuals, it's not exactly news that they're largely going away. Outside of the 718, 911, MX5 and Wrangler, I bet in five years there won't really be any significant options. Doesn't mean BMW isn't losing sales because of dropping them now though. To be fair, probably not enough to offset the cost of certifying it, but an auto only Z4 is just dumb (not that a folding hardtop one wasn't equally dumb.)
Appreciate 0