Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Audi is rumored to be bringing the RS6 back to the US and discussing adding the regular A6 Avant and RS4 too. Volvo's got two wagons, with butch versions of each.

As for advanced lighting, in terms of corner lighting and adaptability, Audi (and even my GTI with LED's) has BMW beat, add in the EU features through coding and they're superb.

As for manuals, it's not exactly news that they're largely going away. Outside of the 718, 911, MX5 and Wrangler, I bet in five years there won't really be any significant options. Doesn't mean BMW isn't losing sales because of dropping them now though. To be fair, probably not enough to offset the cost of certifying it, but an auto only Z4 is just dumb.
That's exciting. I'd love to see an RS6 Avant in the States. My S5 headlights are stationary and while the beam pattern is very wide, they don't angle around turns. I wish, at least the US they would offer adaptive lights until they figure out the Matrix LED situation. I believe it's been approved, no?

The cost of developing a manual just isn't worth it anymore. We're in agreement that it sucks and it's stupid that no manual option is offered for the 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. Also understand that it's stupid for BMW to offer a manual transmission for something like five percent of the population.
Just to continue to derail based on Audi lights, I assume you're talking the first S5? The current one certainly steers into turns. At least the RS5 SB I test drove did and both my GTI and our Q5 do.

In a somewhat strange programming mode, they do when set to Auto, but do not when turned to On. Not sure what the logic there is.
Appreciate 0