View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #49
Razor2010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M-Sport - M-LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I don’t think brave is the correct term. Foolish maybe? But yes. After doing a bit of reading, I’m going to start with the arrow in the 3 o clock position and then see how max feels and makes my car behave.
And I run AKI 93 religiously. In my A4, I used to use an E30 blend once in a while and my car felt faster then (not sure if it was a placebo effect or not). Never did it when it was stock though.
Wish we had that here, only have 95 RON / 91 AKI so even riskier for me to play the boost increase game, especially during the summer at 95’F temps and 90% humidity! Guess I could have it mapped to dump tons of extra fuel in, pull back the timing, turn up the boost a little and see if the net result is more useable power and possibly 15-20 HP / TQ increase relatively safely.

Quote below is from an old Subaru thread back in 2009 by Phil from Element Tuning that is pretty well respected in the industry. Be careful out there fellas, not that much room for error, don’t blow up your engines for the 25-50 HP, probably not worth it. Would love to see some more experienced tuners chime in here.

“I think what you guys should keep in mind is that the difference between tuners that don't have a reputation of blowing up cars is about +/-2 degrees of timing, +/- 2 psi of boost, and +/-.3 AFR. 1 or 2 degrees too much advance can mean the difference between a blown engine and an engine that lasts for years.

1 degrees of ignition timing is about 25C in exhaust gas temp change if anyone is interested.”
Appreciate 0