Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I have experienced all of the above posts.
I never let the dealer wash my car. I always front up with a very clean car, so they’re not tempted to wash it.

With my M340, I had to get the rear spoiler re-fitted as it was lifting at both ends. During this process the dealer subcontractor buffed the paint protection finish off half of the boot. Not happy, but I took it in my stride and decided to get the area re-done at my detailer. I figured that this was the best way to do it for the sake of my blood pressure. Dealing with minor scuffles at the dealership is so stressful, and generally unrewarding. This work is being performed tomorrow at a very reasonable price, and includes coating the front, rear and side aero bits that had been added over time after the initial paint protection coating.

With regard to “test drives”, I experienced the same thing with my F30 335i. I had dashcams fitted, which the “mechanics” were not familiar with at the time (nearly 8 years ago). Same as the previous post, these guys nailed the car through a 60 kph zone and were very uncomplimentary about my new car, compared with the previous model (their right to an opinion, but something that the customer should not be subjected to). I also fail to understand why it takes TWO mechanics to do a test drive after a service.
I sent the dashcam video to the dealer and was surprised when the dealer CEO contacted me and was appalled at their behavior and suggested they should sack the two mechanics, if I wanted.

Needless to say, the dealer mechanics now pull the wires on dashcams fitted to cars in for service in their workshops. I’ve asked that the dashcams remain connected, but they cite privacy laws of recording people without their permission. You just can’t win!

BTW, I’ve also had some pretty shitty servicing which include:
Sump oil plug not torqued up correctly - oil pouring from the engine.
Carbon fiber front splitter completely smashed on the hoist.
One service taking from mid-March to end-July to complete (I wonder if this is a record!), due to booking problems, delays in spare parts, damage to the car and further delays in getting spare parts, and further booking issues.

And I still bought another BMW.........am I mad?
Geez that is a lot of stuff ups by BMW service, was that one particular dealership or a few of them?
Appreciate 0