View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #128
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

M235i vs M340 xdrive

I went from an M235i into my new M340 xdrive. Only done 250 miles so far, but initial impressions of steering are that steering weight in sport or sport+ is a little heavier in the M340. I have not really noticed a significant difference in feel (maybe slightly improved), but the miles have been relatively easy so far.

The M340 obviously feels like a bigger car, but not by as much as I was expecting. It's early days yet, but I think I am going to enjoy driving the M340 as much as the M235, and it also has the added advantage of being more practical, much more luxurious and comfortable, and faster. Can't say how much faster yet; the M340 definitely has more guts from low speed, but I haven't really tried it much above 4,000rpm yet to see what the top end is like.

I'm also impressed with some of the tech. Voice recognition is very good...it recognized some pretty obscure vineyard names last weekend on a trip to the north fork of Long Island. Biggest issue so far is one that has been well documented here...the lane departure warning system is annoying, so I switched it off.

As for the looks, I like them, but I did add a CF diffuser and gloss black spoiler to toughen the rear end. The car seems to have presence, as it turned quite quite a few heads on the Long Island Expressway.
Appreciate 0