View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 04:21 PM   #132
Liquid_Ice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Just got back from a test drive of the M340i. Got to drive on some somewhat curvy roads at speed, and got to push it a bit.

I currently am in a 2017 F30 340i xDrive with the MPPSK.

Couple of things I found:

1. The exhaust is not as loud in Sport mode as the MPPSK, pretty disappointing. There are some burbles with the M340i, but windows down the MPPSK exhaust sounds a lot better imho. I have heard of people already cutting out the resonator in the M340i, that might be an option - but I love that the MPPSK sounds quiet in Comfort mode and nice and loud in Sport mode.

2. The steering is significantly approved over the F30 imho - I can't put my finger on it, but it just feels better. In Comfort mode it feels great, in Sport mode it feels heavier but not pointlessly so if that makes sense.

3. The car I test drove had the adaptive suspension - I honestly couldn't tell a big difference between Comfort and Sport mode as compared to my 340i. What I noticed though was in Sport mode it felt a lot less firm, even though the car handled great. So it was an improvement overall.

4. The car is a lot quieter with the windows up compared to the F30.

5. The car is probably faster, but when I floored it, the torque didn't feel as "violent" - it didn't push you back into your seat like it does on my 340. It feels like the power delivery is smoother overall even though its faster. I'm not sure why? The shifts also are not as firm in Sport Transmission mode as it is on my 340. They are just as fast but smoother, not sure if I like that or not.

Anyway, I really like the car overall, will probably be in one when my lease is up in October.
Appreciate 3
clee1982797.50
BigSky702687.00
dsc88864.50