View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #295
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

It’s just not doing it for me, of course each one of us is entitled to our opinions – and we should be voting with our checkbooks. The draw of the Bavarian option for me has always been the reserved aggression in the design. I’ve hated the Lexus front end, the Acura one, the Infiniti one and the Audi one ever since they all joined the bigger-is-better support group. BMW now following suit – and that’s not a good thing. You lead by differentiating yourself, this is just doing what everyone else is. In the name of efficiency and drag we should be getting smaller and smaller front openings – what is this crap?

If this is the final front that’ll be grafted on the G80, I really don’t think I can pull the trigger on one. But, that means I’ll be holding onto my F80, which I’ve been very happy with so far – not a bad thing overall.

Will be a very sad day if they do offer 450+ hp with a manual and selectable AWD – that’s what I’ve been hoping for to hit market most of my driving lifetime. Unfortunately, the losing proposition is the look. For me, if spending this kind of money; EVERY time I park the car I need to look back it with admiration. If this front end on an M3 were in my garage, I’d sure look back each time, but it wouldn’t be with joy. Really sad to say it, but that’s the irrational part that gets me to break out my credit score, otherwise we’d all be content in Camry’s.

I’ll say they did good at making me like the G80 photoshops much more – the grill design on those looks so much better than this does. It’s like false positives here, somehow now I like the photoshops – but only because this concept front end has shit the bed so hard. This thing is a German knock-off of whatever the hell Infiniti now calls the G coupe, especially in profile. The rear is now more Infiniti than Lexus – somehow they got us to stop talking about the Lexus-lite rear, but not in the right way. Someone else here said it and they’re right, this is actually worse than the renderings were.

What really baffles me is how the idea on the Concept Hommage has failed so badly in this implementation – If BMW hit the market with the concept homage as the next M4, they’d have a buyer in me, and I’ve never purchased a coupe.

I’ll be in the market for a new toy somewhere between the 2021 and 2022 model years – will be something like a 40th birthday gift to myself at that time. Maybe F90 is the right call for me for that milestone, I’m just not sure that I want something that big.

I’m feeling that it might be time for me to begin the clean 997.2 GT3 search to get my kicks as the next purchase. Or the C8 – but me bringing home a Corvette will likely lead to disfunction in the household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Comments here are so predictable
Yes, putting out a very controversial, out of character, and polarizing update to a vehicle with a cult following will lend itself to commentary disliking the change. Surprise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
Lmao exactly and then AWE released the switch-path and now we laugh at the E92 exhaust
IDK man, I've got one of those and would gladly have my car sound like the S65 instead.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 2
JTO245276.00