View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #234
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Impressed really by whom unless one was born 5 years ago, then sure. A few decades ago nobody in a right frame of mind would buy a Hyundai. They were very unreliable pos. Yes today all that has changed but if it weren't for the long warranty I doubt they would be where they are today. I'm not impressed, if they hadn't scouted BMW and Audi's engineer the G70 would not have been a contender.

If there's any car company to be impressed by it is Lexus. They killed it with the LS400 back in the day. Record sales, impressive quality etc. Today they may have rested on their laurels but they have proven to be a top contender in the luxury market. Genesis is a new comer and only time will tell if they prevail.

Awards means jack, Sales is what spells success. Lexus can build great cars. LFA is still legendary, better than anything Bmw has ever released. ISF was great, maybe not initially but they continue to improve it. The current GSF is great. Hell Chris HArris said it was a far better drivers car than the M5. Lexus can build exciting cars, they just tend to lean conservative.

They also do suspension and steering far better than BMW. Build quality is also superior to others in this sphere. Genesis is not even in the same realm. They make disposable cars that aren't worth shit after 4 years. Honda, Toyota, NIssan are the only Asian manufacturers with a great history. Those companies have built some impressive cars over the years. Certainly not Hyundai / Genesis, check back in 10 years.
If, if, if...
Hyundai/Genesis/Kia built their reputation on their focus and great leadership not only on extended warranty. Palisade/Telluride/ GV80 are amazing for the cost, G70/G80 are now luxury contenders...
And they continue to capture the market share.
I don't see anything impressive by Lexus. Feels like they tried, did not succeed and backed off. Just like Infiniti did at one point
Appreciate 2