View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #237
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Go test drive a GSF or LC500 or find someone that has an LFA and report back. Lexus is still building great analog drivers car while the Germans and genesis aka the copy cat doing the turbo thing. BMW cars only win in tech and big power over Lexus. Lexus is still a profitable company. Genesis not so much. There is no legendary car built by Hyundai or Genesis period. G70 nor GV80 doesn't fit that declaration.

So many of you don't drive the competition and automatically assume lexus only makes fwd crossover and the ES/LS. Lexus 3IS was a far superior drivers car to the f30, bmw only won on power and tech then. Same for the GS350 versus the 5 series. There is nothing legendary about a G70. The GV80 hasn't even reach our shores yet. Look at their sales, they have numerous new cars over two years old collecting dust on dealer lots. Nobody wants them.

If Lexus builds a high performance IS in the next few years, I am out. BMW is not what it was for those of us who owned the earlier gems. I have a car that burns oil and is only driven on the street. This would never happen on any Lexus. So while I now drive an M340i I am no BMW fanboy. I drive the competition and knows even today Lexus still make some good driver's cars.

Can't believe In 2020 someone would argue the point that Hyundai does not have great history lol. I mean, a company that only recently start building some decent cars for the mainstream market. They're still nowhere to even overthrow Toyota lol. Now if you had said Honda, I would say hell yes. Cue the NSX, prelude, CRX, Integra, S2000, Legend etc etc. I am going to assume y'all meant to say Honda and not Hyundai / Genesis .

For 11 consecutive years up until 2011 Lexus was the top luxury seller in the USA. After the earthquake in Japan they fell to third place which is where they are now. Goes to show how much you know about Lexus and success. So, for a decade they were selling more cars than the Germans. They were the company to put the Germans on alert, not genesis. They've got years to to prove themselves since even today their market share is insignificant.
I have driven both, ISF and GSF and totally uninspiring cars. Toyota dressed up. Cannot day anything about the others you mentioned. Not saying they are bad cars, far from that, but simply put,..boring.

Also, you are comparing fairly young company (Hyundai) that first 90% of its young lifetime solely focused on winning the trust of the lower middle class consumer and just last 5 years or so entered the sport/luxury market, with BMW heritage or Toyota???

I’d say they got a loooooong way if you look at G70 vs that Pony that was first introduced in the 90s...
Appreciate 0