RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Excelsior!

Well, I finally got some time yesterday to do some research. After reading an old post for F series, I connected my phone (with Bimmercode) with adapter and cable to my car.

I finally got the iDrive voice to be same courteous female voice with the British accent that we had heard when we picked up the car!

Here's what I did:
  • First in the Instrument Cluster (DKombi) module in 3007 PIA_EinHeiten(NB: you MUST do these before the Head Unit)
    • PIA_Kl_Sprache_Client_Englisch_UK from nichtakiv to aktiv
    • PIA_KI_Sprache_Client_Englisch_US from aktiv to nichtaktiv
    • PIA_KI_Sprache from US (03) to UK (02)
  • Next in the Head Unit (HG_MGU) module in 300E Language:
    • Language_Englisch_UK from List to Master
    • Language_Englisch_US from Master to list
    • NB: Add any other languages you want by clicking List for their value
  • Finally, after coding, please, make the following changes in CAR, SETTINGS, GENERAL, LANGUAGE:
    • SYSTEM LANGUAGE: English UK
    • DICTATION LANGUAGE: English US (this didn't seem to stick, but after a while it did & doesn't seem to make much difference)

Unfortunately, as one of my old Economics Professor used to say TANSTAAFL (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch), so here are three items to watch for:
  • First, after doing the coding, the iDrive Navigation was trying to load the system for quite some time; I rebooted the iDrive (by holding down the radio button for 30-45 sec) & that seemed to solve the problem.
  • Using voice commands, I have NOT been able to get SiriusXM to come up -- before all I had to say was Channel XX; now it doesn't seem to recognize Channel, Sirius or Satellite
  • When I turn off the radio when Sirius was last on, I get n. t. a. (SDAR) -- I don't have a clue as to what that is
  • Lastly, under NAVIGATION, RECENT DESTINATIONS, I now have n. t. a. by the magnifying glass-- again don't have a clue what that is

So, I now have the female courteous British voice, but have to use IDrive touch commands or buttons to get to Sirius

Perhaps some of our fellow BMW enthusiasts from Europe can help on how to turn on Sirius with Voice Commands and what the abbreviations mean

Have fun!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA

Last edited by RSnic; 08-12-2020 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50