Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I don't know the subtleties of the colloquialism "butthurt"
I'll do the googling for you:
Quote:
overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful
With "irrelevant" I mean this post doesn't change anything about the car itself whatsoever. I stand with my point, this whole thread is utterly useless (except of course to do something against my boring evening). if you had a concern about something that actually influenced the product - sure feel free to make us aware of that. But really? A fu**ing post on Twitter? And now you're butthurt again because people just don't seem to care about the Twitter post - what a surprise...

It's only a problem, because they changed the way they handle the marketing, just like the design - how ironic. Have a look at Wendys Twitter account, it's a fu**ing shitshow and people love it. Do you not go to Wendys anymore because they insult everyone of their customers? And they are really insulting them and not just using a meme which got wrongly interpreted, although (as it's the case with BMWs post) of course it's just some sarcasm. If you really feel personally insulted by a post on twitter and influenced to a point where you decide to not buy a product you would otherwise have bought, you are just way out of the norm. I think you just really don't understand what "OK Boomer" really means and making something bigger about it than it actually is.

Most people buy a car based on facts. Whats the hp, range, build quality, reliability, looks etc.? Sure, if "How are the posts of the manufacturer on Twitter" is a very important category for you, then it's a valid point - for you. But that's not the case for the vast majority of people. Twitter/Social Media and Ads are just making you aware of the existence of the product.

Quote:
It was just short-sighted, arrogant, and, to put it plainly, dumb for anyone in a business relationship and who has the slightest understanding of the concept of empathy.
That's your interpretation. You probably know about the graphs of the percentages who is likely to comment what topics on posts... Do you tweet about an ad that you like it? Probably not, you tweet about it if you dislike it or disagree with it.

Quote:
BMWNA has admitted as much in writing and done all three at this point, and the inexperienced employee has apparently been counseled.
They just wrote what you wanted to hear - after all that's their job. As you can see the post is still up on Twitter free for anyone to get offended by.

If you didn't realize it, I'll spell it out for you: BMW is in the process of radically changing (starting with the release of the 1 series F40) - drivetrain, design, marketing, target group. In such a process you will always lose some and win some. As long as the net amount is positive, it was a good decision to do so. It looks like you are part of the group that they'll lose. But nothing wrong with that, I really liked Audi until they fu**ed everything up and changed Quattro to a worthless version of the once glorious technology. Now I think their cars are just "ok".

Last edited by Flamingi; 11-26-2020 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0