04-10-2024, 04:59 PM   #4
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alFR View Post
Will try turning the AC off, although it doesn’t sound like a fan really: it’s audible as soon as I get in, before I’ve touched the start/stop button and there’s no sound of air movement associated with it. Will see if I can localise it a bit better.
Could be a solenoid for "something". These cars are so damned complicated now, it's hard to figure anything out.

I'm so glad I managed to get my creaking steering wheel sorted under warranty, that was a simple bit of trim rubbing as the clips that hold the silver wheel faceplate were broken, but how that was broken in the first place is beyond me.

The only thing I can think of is the the previous owner thumped the horn so hard it broke the clips around the trim.

EDIT:- Actually, if it's been sitting for a few days it might just be the fuel pump running to build up a bit of pressure in the fuel line before you start the car. My 325 Compact does that, and it's normal if the car has been sitting for a while, but then it runs for maybe 10 - 20 seconds, not 40.
Appreciate 0